Fandom Fest tickets, wristbands and badges are non-refundable and non-upgradeable. Fandom Fest tickets and badges are non-transferable.
The safety and security of our staff, exhibitors and fans is our priority. We work closely with the venue, corporate security, state, local and federal law enforcement authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events.
Everyone attending Fandom Fest should be aware that the following are in place:
- Security may approach you to assist outside, at entry or inside Fandom Fest.
- Everyone must wear their Fandom Fest badge/ wristband at all times. This includes exhibitors, vendors, fans (attendees), speakers, guests, artists, professionals, press, staff and crew.
- Security procedures are fully operational at our events to keep the supervillains at bay.
- Bag checks are in operation at our events to keep out tesseracts and the like.
- Walkthrough or hand held scanners may be in operation at our events.
- CCTV in operation at our events is monitored and recorded.
- Uniformed and covert (secret identities ftw!) security guards and police officers are in attendance at our event.
- Canine security and detection is in operation at some of our events.
Everyone attending Fandom Fest is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and don’t leave any items unattended.
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or out of place to Staff or Security.
- Remain patient and courteous with our Staff and Security undertaking security checks. We have your best interests at heart and want to get you inside the building as quickly as possible.
- Follow the instructions of our Staff at all times.
- Carry a recognized form of photo ID at all times (of your actual identity, not your secret one)
Photo and video policy
For the most part, you’re welcome to take still pictures and video at Fandom Fest. Note that recording (including live-streaming apps) and flash photography are not permitted in panels, concerts or screenings. Recording and photos are also not permitted in certain parts of Fandom Fest’s Autograph Area. Please understand that guests may or may not pose for photographs with fans. Guests have a right to their privacy and if they ask not to have their picture taken, please respect their wishes.
Consent to be on camera
We attract local and regional press. In purchasing this badge, ticket, or pass and in consideration for being admitted to the Event, the holder consents to being recorded (by audio, visual and/or other means) for exhibition and exploitation by any means in all media now known or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity.
Holder also hereby:
- releases Proctors and Fandom Fest from any liability for loss or damage to persons or property, infringement of any right or any other claim or course of action of any kind;
- authorizes and permits Proctors and Fandom Fest and its designees which include but are not limited to all sponsors, exhibitors and contractors to use and authorize the use of his/her name, voice, likeness and all reproductions thereof by any means and in all media now and hereafter know for all purposes worldwide in perpetuity; and
- agrees to comply with all rules and regulations of the event. Holder agrees not to make any recordings of any kind at designated activities without the express written permission of Proctors and Fandom Fest. We reserve the right to deny entry or remove from the event facilities any person who in our sole and absolute discretion is behaving or threatening to behave in a manner which we reasonably consider to be disruptive of the event.
Failure to follow this policy may result in your removal from the convention without refund. This policy applies to any and all venues hosting Fandom Fest events.
Hate symbols are not permitted at Fandom Fest including as part of cosplay, and Fandom Fest will not allow costumes that contain hate symbols or appropriate the symbolism of hate groups, including, but not limited to, historical/comic-related/satirical costumes that are associated with Nazis.
At the discretion of security onsite, the following may be allowed:
- Lightweight plastic and metal shields
- Lightweight plastic/PVC props/lightsabers
- Toy guns as long as they do not look like real ones, cannot function or shoot projectiles and have an orange tip on the barrel. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored caps.
- Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips made of foam or cardboard and the bow itself is de-strung. If it is not, our security team will be de-stringing the bow.
- If any of the above items are deemed unsafe by Fandom Fest Security, they will not be allowed inside the building. If you’re bringing, buying or selling something that could maim, damage or cause bodily harm, we will remove it from the site. Weapons will only be allowed as long as they are deemed safe and will not cause harm.
Cosplay Policy and Rules
All final decisions on costumes entering the facility shall be at the sole discretion of Proctors security.
- Your costume must not be wider than 4 feet across, longer than 6 feet, or taller than 8 feet. Additionally, you must be able to easily maneuver your costume over stairs or ramps unassisted.
- You must also be able to sit in your seat while wearing your costume, or plan to take it off once entering a seated venue.
- You must have unobstructed vision at all times (i.e., must not need to remove a piece of your costume in order to see).
- Armor cannot pose a threat to others by way of sharpened metal edges, spikes, or bladed surfaces.
- All swords or bladed weapons must be blunt-edged and cannot have a sharpened edge (no metallic or predominantly wooden weapons)
- No weapon may be sharp or pointy enough to cut or pierce someone with moderate pressure, or heavy enough to create a threatening club.
- Note: Worbla will be permitted, pending that it follows the above weapon restrictions.
- You may not bring firearms of any kind including air guns or cap guns, as well as any replica weapon (i.e., facsimiles or realistic versions of real-world weapons).
- Any firearm must be clearly of prop nature, and cosplayers will be responsible for proving that any potential firearm is non dischargeable.
- Any bow-type weapons must be unstrung or strung with a low-tensile thread. All prop arrows must have non-metal, blunted tips.
- You may not include liquids, gels, or other substances which could cause a mess.
- You may not use smoke effects, fire, explosives, or any other environmental hazard in any capacity.
- You may display your prop weapons only as costume pieces.
- Do not swing or brandish your prop in any way that could be considered unsafe or threatening.
- You may pose with a prop in a brandishing manner, so long as no reasonable person would interpret the pose as anything other than dramatic effect. Event staff or management may stop you at their sole discretion.
If a person engages in harassing behavior, Fandom Fest staff will take prompt action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from Fandom Fest with no refund. Our policy applies to EVERYONE at the convention. Exhibitors, fans (attendees), speakers, guests, professionals, press, staff, volunteers, and security are all subject to our Anti-Harassment Policy.
Fandom Festival has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- Offensive Verbal Comments
- Physical Assault And/Or Battery
- Harassing Or Non-Consensual Photography Or Recording
- Sustained Disruption Of Panels, Signings And Other Events
- Bathroom Policing
- Inappropriate Physical Contact
- Unwelcome Physical Attention
- Hate Symbols
In relation, but not limited to:
- National Origin
- Gender Identity
- Gender Presentation
- Sexual Orientation
- Body Size
Hate symbols are not permitted at Fandom Fest including as part of cosplay, and Fandom Fest will not allow costumes that contain hate symbols or appropriate the symbolism of hate groups, including, but not limited to, historical/comic-related/satirical costumes that are associated with Nazis. Whether a behavior or a costume violates this policy shall be determined by Fandom Fest in its sole discretion.
If a person engages in harassing behavior, Fandom Fest Staff will take prompt action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from Fandom Fest with no refund. Our policy applies to EVERYONE at the convention. Exhibitors, fans (attendees), speakers, guests, professionals, press, staff, crew, and security are all subject to our Anti-Harassment Policy.
Anyone can report harassment. If someone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness the same happening to someone else, you should immediately contact Fandom Fest staff or security. You may also come to Fandom Fest Box Office. If necessary, we will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the rest of Fandom Fest.
Keep your hands to yourself. If you would like to take a picture with or of another Fandom Fest fan, always ask first and respect that person’s right to say no. When at Fandom Fest be respectful, be nice, be cool and be kind to each other.
Proctors Collaborative’s mission is to create a fun, safe, welcoming, awesome event where fans of all kinds can come together and celebrate. We want you to not only have the most amazing weekend ever, but to experience it in an environment where you are safe and accepted. As fans ourselves, we understand the importance of creating a safe space for everyone who attends Fandom Fest.
Be nice and respectful to each other.
The buying and selling of counterfeit / knock-off / unlicensed materials is not tolerated at Fandom Fest. We are a celebration of the best of pop culture, and bootlegs have no place in the show. Violation of this rule will result in one and only one warning. A second violation and you’ll be removed from the festival.
Fandom Fest is welcoming to individuals of all abilities and is a fully accessible event. Medical assistance is available to Fandom Fest fans who require it.
The following explains all accommodations provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our very best to help you have an epic experience.
We provide priority seating for fans with disabilities as available. All seating for panels and screenings are on a first-come, first-served basis and we cannot guarantee seating for everyone.
Guests with disabilities should plan to arrive to a panel at least 30 minutes prior to the event so that we can best accommodate you. Keep in mind that all of our events are very popular and we will make every effort to help you access the panels that are important to you.
All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area.
Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
All animals should have legally required vaccinations.
Proctors has sidewalk ramps, automatic doors at all street levels, restrooms and elevators accessible for persons with limited mobility.
Strobing lights, amplified sounds, and large crowds are quite common at our show. Please be aware of your surroundings and consider taking “stimulation breaks” as needed. However, if you leave during a seated panel or session, we cannot guarantee your seat will be held until you return.
ATMs & Concessions: All ATMs and concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please speak with a staff member.
First Aid: We have a first aid station located across from the box office, indicated on the event map. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
Quiet Room: If you need a break from the noise and crowds, we have a Quiet Room and will be announcing the location closer to the show. Please be courteous to others when utilizing the space, this room will be monitored by Crew and Staff.
Cold Storage Availability: We have cold storage available for medications on a first come first service basis located in the Box Office. However please be aware that space is limited. Speak with one of our Staff onsite or email email@example.com prior to the show for more information.
Comments, questions, suggestions
The Fandom Fest accessibility team will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices, or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make Fandom Fest more accessible, we encourage you to contact us for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services please reach out to us.
Tickets and/or badges (“Badges”) for the Fandom Fest event (“Event”) are non-refundable and cannot be reproduced or upgraded. The unauthorized resale or attempted resale of the Badge or Ticket is prohibited and will constitute a forfeiture of the Badge and Ticket without compensation. Each Badge/ Ticket must be used by the same person (the “Attendee”) for each day of the Event. The Event’s operating hours, schedules, guests and speakers are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Each Badge and or Ticket is a revocable license to attend the Event. All panels, autographing, photo ops, special events, show features and performances are subject to availability and access is not guaranteed and/or may require an additional fee. Proctors and Fandom Fest are not responsible for lost or stolen Badges or Tickets. The Attendee acknowledges there are hazards and risks of physical injury or illness to Attendees of the Event and that not all such hazards or risks can be fully eliminated. By accepting this Badge or Ticket and attending the Event, the Attendee freely and voluntarily agrees to assume the full risk of bodily injury or property damage, regardless of severity, or death that Attendee may sustain as a result of attending the Event, whether or not caused by the negligence or gross negligence of Proctors Theatre and Fandom Fest.